The Core SDMS (Scientific Data Management System): Automate. Parse. Capture.
The Core SDMS provides an automated data capture framework capable of driving the integration of the Platform for Science with laboratory instruments and workflow. Once the data files are captured in the Platform for Science, the data is accessible via Core’s other products (LIMS, ELN, Collaboration) and PFS Marketplace apps. Our vendor agnostic approach accelerates scientific decision making by simplifying the capture and archive of vital instrument results files.
Core SDMS to Core LIMS Capture
The Core SDMS monitors folders on your network file system configured for Automated Data Capture. As the Core SDMS detects the presence of a new file, it will load the file into the Core LIMS for archival and then will invoke the appropriate file parser. As part of the specification and rollout of the Core SDMS, Core Informatics works with each customer to determine which instruments require Automated Data Capture. The Core SDMS features a library of preexisting file parsers that support rapid integration of contemporary laboratory instrumentation.
Core SDMS to Core ELN Capture
The Core SDMS enables rapid capture of intellectual property into the Core ELN. Users can configure Automated Data Capture folders in the Core ELN on a Notebook-by-Notebook basis. When the Core SDMS detects new files in these folders it will create a new entry in the appropriate notebook and automatically load the files into associated sections. Scientists simply review the entries in the Core ELN and apply an electronic signature to secure the future value of the data.
The Core SDMS captures and manages data files associated with maintaining regulatory compliance. Raw Data files are stored in the Platform for Science, which serves as a repository designed to be fully compliant with 21 CFR p11. All files managed by the Core SDMS have version history, electronic signatures and audit logs to support any record retention and data archival policies. Know when data files were created, if they were modified (and by whom), and other key information for audit and regulatory compliance.
Data Exchange with Partners
Research laboratories often require tools that enable the sharing of information and data (importing and exporting) with external partners and contract research organizations. The Core SDMS can also be configured to automatically capture data files at remote sites, including partner facilities – easing the import of data into a common repository. When used in conjunction with Core Collaboration, the Core SDMS supports granular security permissions allowing organizations to easily configure information and data access levels based upon their association to a partner or project.
Benefits of the Core SDMS:
- Increase performance
- Streamline data capture
- Eliminate time spent entering data
- Reduce risk of human errors
- Ensure compliance
Features of the Core SDMS:
- Automated or manual loading of files
- Data file used to insert, update, or “upsert”
- Creates multiple entity types with one file, as well as associations
- Allows entities to have unique locations and/or projects
- Assigns barcodes and/or names for created entities
- Data file attached to all created/updated entities
- Supports XLS, XLSX, tab-delimited TXT files, and more…
- Supports spreadsheets with mulitple worksheets in Excel
- Mapping functionality allows use of flexible data file formats across all entity types
- No manual re-formatting of exported data file required
- Fast-fail notifications explain where data problems occurred and why before data loading
- Parsing and error messaging functionality finds errors in advance of loading, and can automatically email error messages to users.
- Multi-threading option increases performance