The Core Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) is a robust, user-friendly data management solution designed to meet the needs of biologists from a variety of disciplines from discovery through manufacturing. From designing and organizing experiments to generating and sharing reports, Core ELN offers both the flexibility of free-form data entry, and a more structured 21CFR 11/GxP compliant environment. Users can design and utilize customizable templates, and can easily insert content from a number of different file types, including Word, Excel, PDF, ChemDraw, and others.
The Core ELN allows biologists to increase efficiencies and minimize errors by allowing the automated capture and import of data from laboratory instruments and LIMS systems. The system can perform customizable statistical analyses, and supports extensive e-signature and audit workflows as necessary. The easy to use interface will facilitate a seamless transition from traditional paper notebooks, and simplifies the entire data capture and reporting process.
Benefits for Biologists:
- Single solution for any Biology discipline
- Web-Based – allows for easy deployment and access
- Enhances IP protection
- Consolidates data and simplifies searches and reporting
- Improved collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Simplifies regulatory compliance
- Minimizes errors or “lost” data
Key Features of the Biology ELN:
- User Friendly – The friendly, natural work environment enables the creation of experiments and logging of data quickly and simply, so biologists can spend more time at the bench. Forms and various templates can be customized to precisely suit your needs, and can include calculations, drop down boxes, or other various means of rapid data entry and analysis. Biologists can easily pivot and filter data from within the system, and create queries and custom reports. Once an experiment is created and customized, it can easily be cloned, allowing you to re-use all of your saved formats.
- Free Form Documents – To provide increased flexibility required in some Biology labs, Core ELN provides “Free Form” documents. These documents allow for unstructured data entry, including drag and drop functionality, free text, image import, and the addition of data from spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc. Calculations can be performed on captured data, and the completed document can be saved as a PDF for external review.
- Integration – The Core ELN seamlessly integrates with various informatics systems and instrumentation. Real-time integration and electronic data transfer with various instrumentation and automation increases efficiency, eliminates errors, and provides a solution for system monitoring and calibration.
Specific Uses of the Biology Electronic Lab Notebook:
• Assay & Screening Biology
• In vivo Experiments/Animal Management
• Metabolic Disorders