Our LIMS Approach: Your satisfaction is most critical.
Communication & Flexibility
In our experience, the most critical elements to successfully deploying a LIMS are communication and flexibility. As a LIMS project progresses from requirements gathering to installation, and configuration to deployment, the most critical elements can change. Core Informatics works with you throughout the entire lifecycle, ensuring that requirements and timelines are met, and that users are prepared to take full advantage of our unique architecture.
When the project first begins and functional requirements gathering is underway, effective communication is absolutely critical. One of Core’s strengths is that each member of our project teams averages over ten years of experience in the industry – we speak your language. This enables us to deliver a very thorough functional specification document that speaks to your needs in your own terms. This process solidifies exactly what you will get when the system goes live, so that there are no surprises.
As we enter the installation and configuration phase of a LIMS deployment, the flexibility of the underlying system becomes paramount. Core Informatics’s ability to move quickly from a user requirement specification document to a fully configured enterprise LIMS in about two months can only be accomplished because of the architecture of our underlying Platform for Science and its supporting Software Development Kit (SDK) including our Core Application Programming Interface (API).
Once the LIMS is deployed and the project moves into a support and maintenance mode, communication and flexibility are equally essential. Anyone who has worked in this industry knows that the environment is always changing: new technologies and new assays being brought online, etc. Because of the underlying flexibility of the Platform for Science database, we can easily add new functionality into the system (either through configuration or via applications) as your needs change over time.
Partnering for LIMS Success
The Core Adaptive Delivery Experience lays out a series of best practices that we use to provide you with incremental value through an iterative delivery model that focuses on collaboration and transparency to drive success.
- We work closely with your team to define a shared vision for the implementation of the Core products. The shared vision sets the stage for success by providing focus around shared goals defined in terms of clearly defined objectives with related success criteria. The success of the project revolves around meeting and exceeding the defined success criteria.
- Core works with you to adopt an adaptable implementation methodology which delivers incremental delivery of value. An iterative approach helps us manage change as requirements are refined, the solution is implemented, and testing is completed. This model allows for both sides to rapidly realize and assess progress and make adjustments in order to meet objectives.
- A high degree of collaboration between Core and your team ensures transparency throughout the implementation. This close working relationship, allows stakeholders and team members to remain informed on the progress of the implementation, empowers them to effectively manage risk, and guarantees a level of accountability which drives success.
The Core Adaptive Delivery Experience consists of three phases:
The phases build upon each other, providing focus around specific aspects of the delivery experience.
During the Discovery phase your team and the Core team to work together to develop a comprehensive understanding of the business goals and set the stage for success. Through a series of activities geared around goal setting, analysis and planning, we establish the success factors which drive the completion of your project to meet your objectives.
The key aspects of Discovery are…
- Creating a shared vision which defines business objectives and success criteria to guide the implementation.
- Defining the cross functional project team which consists of resources from both your team and Core Informatics.
- Defining a project management strategy that is aligned with your unique needs. Core will work with you to define a strategy that offers the appropriate level of flexibility, while effectively managing risk to achieve a predictable delivery of the solution.
- Creating a shared working agreement that defines both the working relationship between you and Core, and the level of commitment expected. The working agreement also provides clear guidance on how to manage accountability and escalation.
- Conducting focused requirements gathering and analysis to identify technical and user driven features and functionality to be implemented that are in line with your business objectives.
- Creating an implementation and training plan based on iterations with defined milestones.
- Deploying the base Core Product components for your use and provide walkthroughs and standard training which jump starts the learning-curve and support your implementation.
The implementation phase revolves around the execution of your solution design and implementation. We work with you to develop and execute an implementation plan in-line with the shared vision created from the activities in the Discovery phase. The Core Informatics delivery team works directly with you to define clear deliverables that the cross-functional team then executes in iterations, in order to deliver incremental value. We focus on implementing the solution with a high level of collaboration and transparency, all the while continuously evaluating results and making adjustments as needed.
The key aspects of Implementation are…
- Implementation plans are developed that revolve around time boxed iterations in which the cross-functional team will work to achieve deliverables.
- Team members are responsible for establishing defined goals for each iteration that are in line with the business objectives.
- The creation and review of the backlog of items derived through requirements review and prioritization at the start of each iteration provides a means to make adjustments.
- Activities for each iteration are based on clearly defined deliverables in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria that is used to measure progress.
- The team works in close collaboration to complete deliverables as defined, address challenges, and manage risk.
- Each iteration is focused on delivering functionality that shows clear progress toward meeting the requirements for the solution.
- Once an iteration is complete, the team reviews the results to ensure goals have been met and then makes adjustments to the process.
The deployment phase focuses on delivering the solution to the stakeholders and end users. The Core Informatics delivery team works closely with you to deploy the solution into the operational environment and is ready for use. The team will craft a rollout plan focused on ensuring that your users are ready to operate the system and realize its value.
The key aspects of Implementation are…
- Evaluation of the solution with the team against success criteria.
- Deployment of the solution to the user ready environment.
- Validation of the solution using specific protocol (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Verification of the solution through real world walkthroughs and pilot programs.
- Delivery of end user training.
- Distribution of documentation (manuals, operational procedures, etc.).
- Implementation of operational procedures for effective support and maintenance.
Collaboration and Commitment Lead to Success
The Core Adaptive Delivery Experience is designed to rapidly deliver an effective data management solution. We work with you to deliver a successful solution through commitment and diligence to meet the business objectives. A high level of dedication and responsiveness from your team during the implementation will ensure the delivery of a system tailored to fit your needs and expectations. Core Informatics is not just a vendor – we are your partner.