We’re #20 in All of Connecticut, and We’re Proud of It!
According to Manta.com, there are 452,799 businesses registered in The State of Connecticut, so is Core Informatics proud of being voted the 20th Best Place to Work in the small business category? You betcha!
According to the Hartford Business Journal, which has run this contest for the past eleven years, there is no single standard that makes a business stand out. It takes “an organization that is not only successful in growing its business and satisfying customers, but also grooming its workforce. It’s a company that invests in its employees, not only offering competitive pay and benefits, but a roadmap to future growth and a work environment that promotes collaboration and even fun.”
The Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in Connecticut 2016 program was open to all public and privately-held organizations in the state with a minimum of 15 employees. Participation required organizations to go through a workplace assessment process, which included surveying their employees, as well as taking an inventory of the company benefits, policies and offerings. Winners were a hodgepodge of technology companies, marketing firms, nonprofits, law and engineering firms, financial service companies, etc.
Core Informatics participated in the comprehensive, two-part assessment that allowed the workplace experts at the Best Companies Group to perform an in-depth analysis of each company’s strengths and weaknesses and ultimately determine which companies deserved to make the list.
They surveyed several aspects of business including how employees felt about the environment and transparency of information. There were questions about pay and benefits, training, development and resources as well as overall engagement. And of course, they asked about leadership to assure that employees understand the long-term strategy of the company and have faith in the leaders.
We at Core take pride in our technology solutions such as our LIMS systems, but it is our employees who guide and lead us into the realm of becoming leaders in our industry. Our scores were excellent in all categories (which explains the Top 20 ranking), as some of our employees left specific comments about why they feel Core Informatics is one of the Best Places to Work in Connecticut.
- ” I appreciate the transparency concerning the company’s fiscal status and future business development plans. I feel that I can trust what they present and I can see their own excitement about the future prospects.”
- “It has challenging problems, potential for growth and expansion in the organization and for individuals.”
- ” The flexibility and understanding of work/personal life balance is recognized.”
- ” The feeling that we are trying to all make a difference in what our clients do is a source of pride.”
- ” The organization is currently in an active growth stage, morale is high and there is excitement about the growth and success we are experiencing.”
- ” The organization’s culture is what makes it a place where people would want to work. The culture here is a perfect balance of hard work and a light environment.”
- ” We enable companies and organizations to transform the world. Our informatics products are the backbone of innovation in companies solving problems in human disease, energy, and much more.”
If you’re interested in joining our team take a look at our Careers page.